Corona Virus - Club policy

General Club discussion forum
admin
Site Admin

Corona Virus - Club policy

Post by admin » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:14 pm

In this forum section official notices and discussion about how the Corona virus affects the club and its members can be discussed....
Forest Row Falcons Table Tennis Forum Administrator:
Email: admin@forestrowfalcons.com

Rod Thonger

Re: Corona Virus - Club policy

Post by Rod Thonger » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:19 pm

ForestRowVillageClubNotice.jpg
ForestRowVillageClubNotice.jpg (450.19 KiB) Viewed 95 times

Rod Thonger

Post by Rod Thonger » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:57 am

IMG_0144.jpg
happier days!
IMG_0144.jpg (30.73 KiB) Viewed 79 times
Dear all

There seems to be a new development every day with this corona business. The government is now taking a far stronger line on gatherings than a few days ago.

The Village Club has now taken much the same line as we did a few days ago in my last message to you. I’m now thinking that we have to stop formal meetings of our club until further notice.

This means that we will now not meet on Wednesday and Thursday meetings as a club. Tuesdays used for the EG League will not be used either, the remainder of the League for 2019/20 having been cancelled. While we might have been prepared voluntarily to take the risk previously, I feel that we should be supporting the government in what is a very difficult time for all.

As you can see, the FRVC is remaining open and of course club members can go to the club and play if they want during opening hours.

If any members catch the corona virus, I’d be grateful to be told. You will report it and treat it per government recommendations.

Let’s hope we’re back again before long.

Best regards/Rod :) Image

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:19 pm

Update 26-06-2020.jpg
Update 26-06-2020.jpg (468.1 KiB) Viewed 17 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:13 pm

Dear all

I have just received this from Table Tennis England with government advice on playing table tennis indoors. 25th July is the date subject to the venue arrangements. 2 weeks time.

The Village Club emergency committee is currently considering when they will reopen, but I’d like us to be ready to start when we get the go-ahead. I’m currently preparing our plan following the TTE advice and will send that also to the committee for their consideration. I’d like to give everybody as much confidence as possible that we will be following best advice.

No doubt our routine will change. For example I envisage 2 sessions of one hour each evening with 2 tables only, booked in advance. There will be a lot of disinfecting, balls and tables to name a couple. But we’ll get used to it.

I’ll keep you up to date with news as I have it.

Best regards/Rod